Thursday 20 December 2007

sleep(24*60*60*rand(200)); post(); # once more

Amid groans, no doubt, I'm back.

Part of the problem with this blog, from my point of view, is I actually have too much I want to get off my chest, and just when I start thinking I have my ducks in a row, along comes another concept or idea (or even module) that makes me re-evaluate the things I believe and want to put forward.

For the first time in a while, my job here at Big Purple Towers in London hasn't been about maintaining a 10-year old monolith of a Perl app (really, you don't wanna know... it's scary. The 14,000 line God Object is particularly whimper-inducing), but instead writing some brand new, standalone code to make bits of that behemoth talk to something else.

Time to put my money where my mouth is.


[composed and posted with
ecto]

No comments: